Did you know that every FILA product has been entirely formulated and developed at the FILA Research Centre? The Fila R&D division is in fact a team of professional chemists with years of experience and an in-depth knowledge of materials.
It is here that every year, in collaboration with national and international research institutes, thousands of materials are analysed, new formulas are studied and research is carried out to create the bases for new future technologies. Do you want to meet them?
THE FILA RESEARCH CENTRE TEAM
Here is the current FILA R&D team. From left: Giovanni Luca, Maria Soranzo, Giulia Mognon, Sonia Rizzotto and Sara Bianchin.
“What is so good about our team” says Maria Soranzo, Product Manager and current R&D coordinator, “is that we all have similar training, with specialisations in Chemistry, yet we all have different approaches and passions and these provide reciprocal stimulation. Thanks to constant dialogue and teamwork, this provides a constant source of new ideas and innovative research projects”.
Approximately 10% of our annual turnover is invested in R&D with the aim of creating high-performance solutions that are in line with market needs, eco-friendly and with high yields.
OUR RESEARCH CENTRE ACTIVITY
Our R&D team develops about 20 projects every year, a third of which are products then put onto the market. The rest are improvements to existing technologies or pure research for creating the bases for new future technologies.
Thanks to modern instrumentation and its technical knowhow, the Research Centre:
- Analyses and studies all the different kinds of material on the market during the manufacturers’ development stages.
- Selects the best raw materials and suppliers.
- Experiments new solutions and products every day.
- Tests new products, not only in the lab but also in the field. Our products are also tested and certified by the most important international institutes like the Ceramics Centre, Chelab laboratories and Label Vert Excell.
- Carries out 2,500 quality controls every year on 1,000 production batches. FILA is UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 certified.
- Offers continual technical assistance via e-mail, social networks, telephone and on-site inspections all over the world. In a year, the Research Centre answers around 4,000 e-mails and 5,000 phonecalls.
- Collaborates with research groups at the Institute of Inorganic and Surface Chemistry of the Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (ICIS-CNR) (Italian National Research Council) in Padua.
Need professional advice for protection and care of your surfaces? Contact the FILA Experts!